About Me and Design Rocks!

My photo
Hello and welcome. Here's a bit about me: I've spent my childhood and a lot of my life traveling. Places, colour and pattern are my biggest inspiration. I've surfed & lived in a tent in Cornwall. Sketched my way round Morocco. Designed from an antique textile archive in Manhattan (dream job!). Styled and written for an interiors magazine on the sleepy island of Malta. Now I live in Manchester, UK, where I run Design Rocks greetings cards. Whilst in Manhattan I amassed a large collection of vintage textiles. These were used as inspiration for my first card range, Vintage Rocks! We sell wholesale so if you'd like a brochure visit the website or get in touch. Thanks for stopping by.

Tuesday 9 June 2009

Yummy design time




MMMMM. It's that yummy time of year where I start thinking about new designs. This is the best bit. I fly around in cyberspace picking up bits that i love. Start looking at the world in a different way and muttering and scribbling. Going out and about to new places and having new experiences to get my creative brain rammed up to superdrive.

Here are some things that caught my eye today. Completely random.

Stay tuned and follow my creative process, it'll be reet weird to actually watch myself as I've never thought about how the designs and collections come together!

2 comments:

Midsummer Stitches said...

Oh thats the best bit! Look forward to seeing your new designs.
received cards this morning lovely thanks!
Julia

Cheryl said...

Good - glad you like! Thanks for posting.

Cx