About Me and Design Rocks!

My photo
Hello and welcome. Here's a bit about me: I've spent my childhood and a lot of my life traveling. Places, colour and pattern are my biggest inspiration. I've surfed & lived in a tent in Cornwall. Sketched my way round Morocco. Designed from an antique textile archive in Manhattan (dream job!). Styled and written for an interiors magazine on the sleepy island of Malta. Now I live in Manchester, UK, where I run Design Rocks greetings cards. Whilst in Manhattan I amassed a large collection of vintage textiles. These were used as inspiration for my first card range, Vintage Rocks! We sell wholesale so if you'd like a brochure visit the website or get in touch. Thanks for stopping by.

Wednesday 7 April 2010

Back from my hols..







I had such a lovely break I was actually a bit tired and grumpy when I got home which is not like me, I miss living by the sea sometimes, the urban lifestyle is hip but sometimes I crave big open spaces! No that's not the beginnings of itchy foot syndrome again, I've had enough moving to last me a life time. Did you know I have lived in 27 different places in my life, which is ridiculous and verging on nomadic.

Spending my birthday afternoon on the beach collecting shells and crabbing was perfect. At about six, when the shadows were long and the wind dropped it was just beautiful, the light was incredible and the skies dramatic.

The girls made me this heap of cup cakes for breakfast (they were very keen but it was a bit early for butter icing so I saved them for lunch!)

No comments: