About Me and Design Rocks!

My photo
Hello and welcome. Here's a bit about me: I've spent my childhood and a lot of my life traveling. Places, colour and pattern are my biggest inspiration. I've surfed & lived in a tent in Cornwall. Sketched my way round Morocco. Designed from an antique textile archive in Manhattan (dream job!). Styled and written for an interiors magazine on the sleepy island of Malta. Now I live in Manchester, UK, where I run Design Rocks greetings cards. Whilst in Manhattan I amassed a large collection of vintage textiles. These were used as inspiration for my first card range, Vintage Rocks! We sell wholesale so if you'd like a brochure visit the website or get in touch. Thanks for stopping by.

Sunday 19 July 2009

China Town colour blast!






We went for the legendary Thai buffet in Pacific (go starving - there's a lot to fit in). After wards I had a mooch over to the mental craft shop in China town, it certainly blows out the cobwebs with the bright colours and mega kitsch merchandise! These are my colour inspiration pics from the Chinese Craft market.

I had to buy a lantern for the garden. I bought tons one year and hung them along the washing line for a bbq, only trouble was it was windy so I popped in to the kitchen to get some bbq fodder, when I returned the whole lot was on fire! A bit of a fire hazard with candles inside but they do look pretty.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, great pics. I must admit I don't know my way around china town. Where would I find the craft shop and craft market? Kate x

Cheryl said...

OK, it'sjust a crazy shop called the chinese art and craft centre. If you stand under the chinese arch in the central square looking away from Piccadilly it's to your right across the road. You can't miss it, it's opposite the car park.
Hope you find it - it's well worth a look, they also have bejewelled red velvet slippers!

Anonymous said...

Hi, thanks for that. Will have to go see. Will let you know how I get on. xx