About Me and Design Rocks!

My photo
Hello and welcome. Here's a bit about me: I've spent my childhood and a lot of my life traveling. Places, colour and pattern are my biggest inspiration. I've surfed & lived in a tent in Cornwall. Sketched my way round Morocco. Designed from an antique textile archive in Manhattan (dream job!). Styled and written for an interiors magazine on the sleepy island of Malta. Now I live in Manchester, UK, where I run Design Rocks greetings cards. Whilst in Manhattan I amassed a large collection of vintage textiles. These were used as inspiration for my first card range, Vintage Rocks! We sell wholesale so if you'd like a brochure visit the website or get in touch. Thanks for stopping by.

Monday 28 September 2009

Craft Cafe a roaring success!


Yay and triple yay! I sold a ton of cards at the craft cafe, held at the Northern Tennis Club in West Didsbury. the morning was quiet but then it got really busy and my stationery was flying out.

I know I say it every time but it's such a confidence boost when I get such incredible feedback from customers and seeing their first reaction when they look. It makes me feel on top of the world to know that I can create products that make people happy and want to buy!!!!
And just the boost i need before Top Drawer.

I also road tested some new designs (will reveal all soon) and they also went down a storm. A little range of autumnal mini cards, I'll take some pics and get them on the blog as soon as I get a min.

Here are some little freebie gift tags for you to down load and print on to card. They look lovely with hot pink or orange ribbon.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice tags! Craft cafe sounds like fun. I just took part in a charity tea party where it was lovely just to sell some things and have lots of nice comments! I have also had some positive feedback from the shop samples that I sent. Slowly but surely! Can't wait to see your new stuff, Kate x

Midsummer Stitches said...

Thats brilliant,it is a real boost to sell lots of stuff,n get nice comments,I agree, look forward to seeing your new stuff.

Cheryl said...

Thank you pickle and stitches! That's fab Emily, glad you've had a good response! It feels good to have a good response doesn't it?!!

Working on last 3 cards in autumn range today so will have pics by end of week hopefully.

Cx