About Me and Design Rocks!

My photo
Hello and welcome. Here's a bit about me: I've spent my childhood and a lot of my life traveling. Places, colour and pattern are my biggest inspiration. I've surfed & lived in a tent in Cornwall. Sketched my way round Morocco. Designed from an antique textile archive in Manhattan (dream job!). Styled and written for an interiors magazine on the sleepy island of Malta. Now I live in Manchester, UK, where I run Design Rocks greetings cards. Whilst in Manhattan I amassed a large collection of vintage textiles. These were used as inspiration for my first card range, Vintage Rocks! We sell wholesale so if you'd like a brochure visit the website or get in touch. Thanks for stopping by.

Monday 14 September 2009

Top Drawer Eye Candy





I won't bore you with the details of my tedious journey, when I eventually got to Olympia it was well worth it. I was pleased that all the products there were fantastic - high end, quality, design led stuff.

At first I felt a bit daunted at the competition, I loved cards by Nella, the square card co, here are some pics, haven't got time to link them all yet - just comment if you want to know more.

My absolute fave of the show was a danish company called house doctor. I could fill my entire house with their catalogue! Here are a few pics but you can download the catalogue online.

One thing'f for sure I need to pull my design socks up and get cracking! No more blogging distraction for today - bye x

1 comment:

Dolly Cool Clare said...

I was looking forward to hearing about your visit - will grill you more on sat!!
Visiting Trade fairs is great. I have been to Spring Fair at the NEC and the Home and Gift show in Harrogate before and am always so inspired by the things on offer, but like you, always have that "arrggghhhhhhhh" feeling about the competition. Everyone just seems so damn good dont they?! You have plenty time to get everything together though and your products are fab so dont worry :D
See you Sat! xx