About Me and Design Rocks!

My photo
Hello and welcome. Here's a bit about me: I've spent my childhood and a lot of my life traveling. Places, colour and pattern are my biggest inspiration. I've surfed & lived in a tent in Cornwall. Sketched my way round Morocco. Designed from an antique textile archive in Manhattan (dream job!). Styled and written for an interiors magazine on the sleepy island of Malta. Now I live in Manchester, UK, where I run Design Rocks greetings cards. Whilst in Manhattan I amassed a large collection of vintage textiles. These were used as inspiration for my first card range, Vintage Rocks! We sell wholesale so if you'd like a brochure visit the website or get in touch. Thanks for stopping by.

Monday 6 April 2009

fashionista's notepad




I'm very excited to be launching new ranges of stationary!!

I'm one of those gals who get very excited in a stationary shop and end up coming home with yet another notepad/journal/writing set.

I want to start a snail mail rebellion, here are some tips for writing love letters! I've got so many lovely letters that I've kept over the years. Armed forces letters from when my Dad was in the Falklands war, letters from my Granny, letters from my little neices and nephews with their first scribblings on, and postcards from all over the world. Even love letters!

There's nothing nicer on a rainy winter evening than getting out my letter box with a nice cup of tea and taking a trip down memory lane. Who ever did that with an email?????

So start your own letter box now! Buy a cute writing set (like mine, cheeky I know!) and discover the pleasures of paper and your best handwriting. It's a thrill to receive a letter with your bills.

I'm going to upload one of my new writing sets any day. I've just ordered some gorgeous envelopes.

No comments: