About Me and Design Rocks!

My photo
Hello and welcome. Here's a bit about me: I've spent my childhood and a lot of my life traveling. Places, colour and pattern are my biggest inspiration. I've surfed & lived in a tent in Cornwall. Sketched my way round Morocco. Designed from an antique textile archive in Manhattan (dream job!). Styled and written for an interiors magazine on the sleepy island of Malta. Now I live in Manchester, UK, where I run Design Rocks greetings cards. Whilst in Manhattan I amassed a large collection of vintage textiles. These were used as inspiration for my first card range, Vintage Rocks! We sell wholesale so if you'd like a brochure visit the website or get in touch. Thanks for stopping by.

Monday 6 April 2009

Happy happy joy joy!




One of the best things about being a designer is that you can make stuff that you love that you can't buy in the shops!

My current passion is vintage typewriters and my new writing set is full of the critters. I actually hyperventilated today when I was researching them and came across such beauties.

I've just listed it on Folksy, now I'm going to make a nice cup of tea and write to my lovely batty auntie Sue who's painted her whole house blue, she even painted her garden ornaments with blue glittery nail varnish. A woman after my own heart.

No comments: