About Me and Design Rocks!

My photo
Hello and welcome. Here's a bit about me: I've spent my childhood and a lot of my life traveling. Places, colour and pattern are my biggest inspiration. I've surfed & lived in a tent in Cornwall. Sketched my way round Morocco. Designed from an antique textile archive in Manhattan (dream job!). Styled and written for an interiors magazine on the sleepy island of Malta. Now I live in Manchester, UK, where I run Design Rocks greetings cards. Whilst in Manhattan I amassed a large collection of vintage textiles. These were used as inspiration for my first card range, Vintage Rocks! We sell wholesale so if you'd like a brochure visit the website or get in touch. Thanks for stopping by.

Monday 29 March 2010

Lampshade of joy!


Isn't this gorgeous?? I used to collect stamps as a little girl so the birds and the postcards really appeal. It's my birthday next week so I might treat myself. It would go in my bedroom, I would wake up every morning and it would be the first thing that I see - that's got to be money well spent.

It might be a bit OCD but I think the little things are so important, I have a favorite bowl for my breakfast and my Portmerion Hungry Caterpillar mug for my coffee every morning. At the moment I have a big bunch of spring daffs on my desk that fill the room with their scent. It's these simple pleasures that make my life lovely!

If you want to have a look at some more gorgeous lampshades check out The Old Lamp Shed

4 comments:

A Thrifty Mrs said...

I'm in love with that lampshade!

Cheryl said...

Isn't it so lovely??!

Cx

Phillippa said...

Thanks so much for putting my lampshade in, I forgot to ask do you want it for a lamp or ceiling fitting-can't have the birds flying upsidedown can we?

Cheryl said...

It's for a ceiling fitting. I can't wait -yay!