About Me and Design Rocks!

My photo
Hello and welcome. Here's a bit about me: I've spent my childhood and a lot of my life traveling. Places, colour and pattern are my biggest inspiration. I've surfed & lived in a tent in Cornwall. Sketched my way round Morocco. Designed from an antique textile archive in Manhattan (dream job!). Styled and written for an interiors magazine on the sleepy island of Malta. Now I live in Manchester, UK, where I run Design Rocks greetings cards. Whilst in Manhattan I amassed a large collection of vintage textiles. These were used as inspiration for my first card range, Vintage Rocks! We sell wholesale so if you'd like a brochure visit the website or get in touch. Thanks for stopping by.

Friday 26 March 2010

My secret tin fetish...




For those of you who don't know, I am obsessed with vintage tins. It's a useful kind of obsession as a gal can never have enough storage. I use them for make up, cotton reels, pins, saved garden seeds, spices, jewelery, sewing kits, buttons - the list is endless.

Really though, you don't need an excuse to buy such gorgeous items, grouped together on the shelf they look so pretty. I even have a mini collection of red London bus tins.

You can pick them up at car boots, jumble sales, reclamation shops, ebay and these beauties were from etsy. But hands off the birdy one - it's mine if she'll post to the UK!

No comments: