About Me and Design Rocks!

My photo
Hello and welcome. Here's a bit about me: I've spent my childhood and a lot of my life traveling. Places, colour and pattern are my biggest inspiration. I've surfed & lived in a tent in Cornwall. Sketched my way round Morocco. Designed from an antique textile archive in Manhattan (dream job!). Styled and written for an interiors magazine on the sleepy island of Malta. Now I live in Manchester, UK, where I run Design Rocks greetings cards. Whilst in Manhattan I amassed a large collection of vintage textiles. These were used as inspiration for my first card range, Vintage Rocks! We sell wholesale so if you'd like a brochure visit the website or get in touch. Thanks for stopping by.

Monday 18 May 2009

BIZ NEWS!


Just a quickie to say Top Drawer has accepted me to exhibit at their lovely and very posh trade show. They called this morning when, very professionally, I was painting my little lady's toenails and without thinking just answered the phone with a chirpy 'hello'. They seemed quite excited for my products and have already sent my images to the marketing department!! Yippy yippee yay.

Hmm just got to pay for it now. ummmmmmm.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done! It is THE show to do so I am sure it will be worth every penny - my friend told me the other day how much it costs to do but you have to put yourself out there and you really seem to be on a roll at the moment.

Cheryl said...

Thanks. That's what I figured. It's the next (big) step. I decided to do the spring show in Jan to give myself a bit more time to be prepared, and save for the costs.
Fingers crossed it all works out!

Mrs B said...

oh lordy!! I just realised, this saturday is this saturday, ie yesterday! I completely had my weekends mixed up!! Cheryl! I am so so so so sorry ! I am a complete doofus! Will have to see you next month! x x x x ps hope it went well x

Cheryl said...

Don't worry! You did miss out on some gargantuan muffins with hot apple and toffee sauce though, oh and the biz news as well!
See you at the next one.

Cx

Fabric and Bags said...

Well done, brilliant news. I would love to hear how you get on at the show. I would love to do a trade show but just don't have the funds.

Good luck
Anne