About Me and Design Rocks!

My photo
Hello and welcome. Here's a bit about me: I've spent my childhood and a lot of my life traveling. Places, colour and pattern are my biggest inspiration. I've surfed & lived in a tent in Cornwall. Sketched my way round Morocco. Designed from an antique textile archive in Manhattan (dream job!). Styled and written for an interiors magazine on the sleepy island of Malta. Now I live in Manchester, UK, where I run Design Rocks greetings cards. Whilst in Manhattan I amassed a large collection of vintage textiles. These were used as inspiration for my first card range, Vintage Rocks! We sell wholesale so if you'd like a brochure visit the website or get in touch. Thanks for stopping by.

Thursday 14 May 2009

Chorlton arts festival


Roll up roll up... This weekend I'll be selling at the crafts market, within St Clements Church on High Lane, as part of Chorlton Arts Festival. I also have to give a plug for my daughter who's exhibiting at Battery Park and has her first opening (at the age of 9!!). Here's one of her sketches - they are way better and more stylised than anything I could do. She has a knack of capturing peoples expressions with a little squiggle here and there.

I can feel in my bones that this fair will be a good one. Watch this space for the post fair feedback from both of us!

I'd just like to add that in a whole sketchbook this was the only non smiley face (for all you amateur psychologists out there) and that it isn't a picture depicting my meaness to my first born!

BIZ NEWS FLASH: Also went to the printers yestrday to discuss the next range - very excited. Am also waiting for acceptance to do the hottest (and blinking expensive) trade fair in London. Hope they let me exhibit!

No comments: