About Me and Design Rocks!

My photo
Hello and welcome. Here's a bit about me: I've spent my childhood and a lot of my life traveling. Places, colour and pattern are my biggest inspiration. I've surfed & lived in a tent in Cornwall. Sketched my way round Morocco. Designed from an antique textile archive in Manhattan (dream job!). Styled and written for an interiors magazine on the sleepy island of Malta. Now I live in Manchester, UK, where I run Design Rocks greetings cards. Whilst in Manhattan I amassed a large collection of vintage textiles. These were used as inspiration for my first card range, Vintage Rocks! We sell wholesale so if you'd like a brochure visit the website or get in touch. Thanks for stopping by.

Monday 18 May 2009

Take it easy Monday...

After another successful, and exhaustively busy sale at Chorlton Arts Festival. I decided, after all my hard work, I needed to kick back and relax with my little one this morning.

We painted our nails, had coffee (well I did), took a long walk round the park with the mutt and decided what to bake.

Here's my recipe for Wicked Flapjack (for normal sandwich box flapjack, or for those with heart conditions halve the butter and sugar)

Everything you need is written here on my HUGE floor to ceiling chalk board (very useful!)







Mix up the oats and Muesli in a bowl.





Look away now if you have a heart condition. Here's a massive wedge of butter, a good gloopy blob of golden syrup and a good dredge of golden caster sugar. There's no measurements just mix up equal amounts of each, the more you add the more wicked and delicious your flapjack.



Mix it all up together.


Find a good flat vessel. Something like this:



Squash the wet mix down with the back of your spoon(s).This is the point where if baking with toddlers you need to monitor the intake and spread of buttery flapjack mix!


Bung in the oven till golden brown on top.



Whilst cooling score into portion sizes. Take out when cold, this requires patience if you're as greedy as me.



Put on a cake stand, gobble it up and wash down with a cup of tea!

For even more wickedness add ground ginger to the mix and spread 1/2 an inch of melted choc on top. MMMMmmmmm.

2 comments:

eyeshoot said...

That looks yummy, I thought I was alone in photographing my cooking! I'm very envious of your chalkboard, what a great idea.

Good to see you today and I hope you have/had fun in your tent!

Sarah
x

Cheryl said...

Hi,

Yes I love my chalkboard, it's great when we have lots of people for dinner because I write up the menu like a proper specials board!

Camping was wonderful - see post!

Hope you had a good weekend too.

Cx